My husband & I are so blessed to be in our new home and now are trying to take it from basic vanilla to warm, inviting and FUN!!! Right now we are trying to figure out what to do with our dining room. There is a chintzy little chair rail and nothing but light vanilla on the walls. Could you send some suggestions? Here's some other info:
1. We are saving for a really great sideboard from IO Metro with mercury glass doors (GORGEOUS!)
2. Our house is pretty open on the 1st floor so every color choice impacts every other room
3. Our entry and living room walls are SW Latte
4. Our Kitchen wall color is Olympic Paint, Applesauce Cake (Warm golden wheat color) with white cabinets
4. The only other color on the 1st floor is the accent wall in the living room (which you see as soon as you walk in the front door) is Valspar "Spring Spirits", a muted soft turquoise.
I love rich mocha colors with fun pops of vibrant colors but I also love soft soothing colors too! I think my problem (other than a lack of funds, ha!) is that I like too many things that it's hard to settle on one style. In my heart though, I keep imagining a glamorous silvery sleek room. I have been buying silvery blue sample paints but in this room, they turn out way too blue. I thought I was going to LOVE SW Oyster Bay, but on the wall it looked like baby
nursery blue! I also tried Benjamin Moore Storm Cloud which isn't bad but I'd love any suggestions you can give. Thanks!!!!
I selected a few more samples to add to your walls- Sherwin Williams Underseas and Sherwin Williams Halcyon Green.