Freshen up the guest bath. By this- I am not talking about cleaning it- hopefully that goes without saying. Take a fresh look at it. This is quite likely a bathroom that does not get used often- leaving a few details neglected.
- Check your light bulbs. Any burned out? I love bright bathrooms.
- How about your towels and rugs? Make sure the room is fully stocked and fresh and fluffy.
- Do you use bar soap? Pull out a fresh un-used bar. Hand soap? This is a good time to replace dated pumps and accessories. You’re overspending this month anyway. Don’t stop now.
- How about a candle and small book of matches?
- Make your room look alive with a plant. This could even be as simple as a branch cut from your backyard and put in a tall vase.
- Include a basket of toiletries- extra toothbrushes, toothpaste, and shampoo- you get the idea.
- Do you have a shower curtain? Replace the liner. They are inexpensive- and it’s always nice to have a fresh one.
- Leave things easy for people to find. Anyone ever get out of the shower in a new place and have a hard time finding a towel? Not a fun time. I don't know about you- but a hand towel doesn't quite cover it... What is obvious to you- may not be to others- Leave towels on the counter- or in a large basket on the floor.
Photos from Elle Decor and Country Living