This post is a follow-up to a question asked after this post.
One sort of long follow up question, Christine. Could I do larger either rectangular (hanging vertically) or square art on either side of the tv instead of a set of prints? I'm not sure I can find 8 that I like. Most sets of that qty./size seem to be either flowers, insects or dogs. I've only ever seen smaller sets that I like. (Like Repose and Field of Dreams or Historical View on Uttermost's site, or the set of 6 Tiverton Lake prints by Paragon that are $$ and are on bronsondesign.com)
Also, you can see the smaller art above the sofa. Should I move that or try to coordinate with whatever is on the tv wall? One reason I haven't done anything is that I simply have no idea what to do! Can you match canvas without a frame with an oil with a frame, should the pieces on the other side coordinate with whatever is on that wall or should that wall change to some sort of metal piece or sconce? See what I mean? I'm stuck with indecision! Also, I sent you another picture of this long wall that is at the foot of the stairs that I was thinking of doing a black and white picture wall on. If I do that, will that have to coordinate or tie in with whatever art is around the t.v.?
Thank you so much for any advice or insight you can offer!
Do you have to use a set of 8- no- I give specific examples rather than listing the long list of all possible wall decor arrangements. However- your suggestion that all sets of 8 are flowers- is just so far from reality- I had to address it.
1. Go to House in the Country, as I suggested. They have at least a hundred different options that can be purchased as sets, framed or wrapped canvass- it doesn't matter.
2. Frame sea shells.
3. Frame vintage napkins.
4. Use old board games.
5. Frame stamps
6. Frame vintage buttons.
7. Use your children's art work.
8. Wrap canvasses with cool fabrics- or just frame fabrics.
10. Frame sets of old magazine covers
11. Use sets of familiy photos
12. Frame old hand painted spanish tiles. I can picture 4 x 4 tiles on the wall with larger 9 x 12 frames around them.
13. Frame or canvass wrap pages of an atlas.
14. Frame old past cards.
Do you see my point? To be quite honest- I didn't even use my imagination- this was just off the top of my head. I could go on all day- but I am taking my kids to the park. Don't tell me you can only find bugs and flowers. Does anyone else have ideas for Tracey?